Sunday, November 30, 2008

OMG!!!

Well everyone, I finally made it! My DAD and I drove 3 days and 2 nights, but we made it! I can't believe I drove the WHOLE way through while my DAD navigated along with Samantha (my GPS).
It wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. I can tell you that I am so happy my DAD came along for the ride. I had been contemplating doing the drive on my own (for whatever reason that was) but in the end my MOM'S plan worked out!
Here are a couple of our roadtrip pics...I didn't take as many as I was hoping.

The four things that got me through this trip were #1 My Car
#2 Rand McNally Road Atlas #3 Garmin nuvi GPS
Last but not least #4... my dear old DAD! He was my co-pilot...
Dad making sure we're heading in the right direction (he didnt fully trust SAMANTHA)

I'm not sure exactly where we were at the time... I believe somewhere in California.


And here is exit for Highway 152. Only 1 HOUR AWAY!!! I was so happy to see this sign.

Needless to say this has been a very emotional experience. Leaving my family and friends, driving 1,973 miles and starting a new chapter in my life...I'm very excited to see what's to come!


Till next time,
Vanny

4 comments:

Ang said...

I'm glad you made it to cali safe and sound. This is major for a girl who only a few years ago build up enough courage to pass an 18wheeler on the highway!! Wish you the best and make sure to keep us posted.

Love,
Angela

CGD said...

Hey Vanessa, how are things going in Cali for you? I hope all is well. When you asked me to help you out with the blog, I started my own. It's called alexander champion the life of a graphic + web designer.(sounds corny) LOL! I'm going to write about the good and ugly of design in the valley.
http://cgraphicdesign.com/blog/
check it out when ever your not doing anything. "till next time"
love ya much
-alex

Angela said...

can you believe this is the first chance i've had to get on good ol' "Texi-Cali"?

aaauughh...it's been a wild ride since you left, dolly!

this post is superb though! i especially love the part about "Al" not trusting Samantha! That Al!

Cindy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog and welcome to Silicon Valley! My friend from high school owns that bakery!!! They have such good baked goods!!!