Thursday, December 18, 2008

30 Something!!!

I celebrated my 31st birthday yesterday! I was in a way dreading it cause I had been homesick for the past week and I really didn't want to do much. But I made up my mind that I was going to have a positive outlook on the day and It turned out to be a GREAT DAY!!


My day started with finding these Happy Birthday signs all throughout the house... my cousin Nadia printed, colored and posted these before heading out to work...
I couldn't help but Smile everytime I ran into one somewhere in the house!! After coming back home from a day of Christmas shopping I got a delivery from my MOM and DAD...
It was perfect timing, 5 mins after i got home the flowers arrived! I LUV the arrangement! Around 7pm was when my family arrived to head out to dinner, before we left my Aunt presented me with this...
It's a Chocolate Mocha Cake! And yes it tastes as good as it sounds. The sides of the cake are dusted with chocolate powder and pieces of chocolate too!!! My cousin Nadia made me the most adorable Cupcake Cake...
I LUV cupcakes and this one is too cute for words! After enjoying a relaxing Italian dinner at Firoellies we came home and enjoyed Cake...
My family here in California definitely made my day very special. I want to thank them for making the drive to San Jose to enjoy a great dinner together!!
Before we left the restaurant we made sure to take a group picture...
From left to right its Sonia holding Clarissa, Adrian holding Esteban, Me and Isabel, my Uncle Louie and Tia Minga, Nadia holding Anaya and Edgar!! This is the California bunch!!
It was a great day, it would have been that much better if my family from Texas could have shared it with me too, but there are many more birthdays to be had.
Thanks to everyone who sent me Birthday Wishes. Gina DeLallo wins the prize for being the first one to reach me, I recieved her text at 4:13am which as we all know is 6:13am Tx time!!
Merry Christmas to everyone in case I don't post before then,
Vanessa
Before I go here is a little video of Nicholas singing Happy Birthday! He melts my HEART!!

3 comments:

dl said...

Oh Vanny looks like you did have a great Birthday. I am very appreciative of Minga and Nadia for making it a special day for you. Maybe next year you can celebrate with your Texas family.
Looks like Nicholas put the icing on the cake.
Love,
Mom

Angela said...

Last nights potluck sure wasn't the same without you! And during the gift swap someone gave lotions from THE BODY SHOP!! I made sure to clobber them in your honor! Well, not really...but I did say, "It's a good thing Vanessa's not here!", and then I made a really mean face ;0

Anyway, I'm glad you had a great "first birthday away from Texas". Call me tonight.
Skang

Unknown said...

It took me half an hour to post a comment on your myspace...so I am gonna start posting on your blog for my sanity!
I hope you are having a great christmas...I got your gift in the mail, but I'm not gonna open it until later. I'm like a little kid awake so early on Christmas day...Chris is still asleep :)