Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday Funday!

Hello Everyone! I know its been quite a while since my last post. Actually since last year, literally! So Christmas was great here in Cali, but in the same breath I missed my Mom and Dad very much. The only good thing was that I was able to surprise everyone by flying into McAllen on January 2! I was there for four short days, but so Happy to see everyone!

So this past Sunday is the REASON why I moved to California! I could not have asked for a more beautiful adventurous day as the day we had on Sunday! We started the day about 9am and headed towards Monterrey. Our first stop was Mt Madonna Park...this was the one of the many breathtaking views of the day...


I'll let this picture speak for itself...but can you say HUGE TREES!!
Mt Madonna has ruins from The Miller Estate...it was so cool to see what remained after so many years...I was sitting on the steps of what was once the entry way to the mansion


trees, trees and more trees...

This had to have been a window from the basement...

Halfway into our Miller Estate hike I found the perfect walking stick...

I was obviously very excited about the stick! We then headed to Wastonville where we went to the Rizdich Apple Farm. There was a quaint Antique shop on the premises and a Pie shop...



Seriously look at this, its a raspberry apple pie...fresh out the oven!


From there we were on to "17 Mile Drive" which takes you to Pebble Beach and goes through the Del Monte Forest.


It was breathtaking...beautiful...unbelievable!!

I keep saying this, but those were the bluest blues Ive ever seen!

After driving through halfway of the 17 mile drive we found the perfect spot for our picnic.
Nadia put together a great luch that was perfect for the beach...Edgar surprised us with the bottle of wine....


After enjoying lunch we took a walk and enjoyed the scenery... by the way, did I mention that the weather we had was record breaking for this time of the year High 60's!!


Do you see something in the distance...?


Nadia and I took the treacherous hike up the sharp slippery rocks for a Kodak moment...


It was fun! I know if my Mom would have been there she totally wouldn't have wanted me to climb those rocks!! We loaded back into the car and drove the rest of the stretch. Our final stop was The Lodge at Pebble Beach. Breathtaking views...



This is a picture of the final holes of the Pebble Beach Golf Links...

Needless to say, this was an absolutely picture perfect day! We all had a great time! I think Miss Anaya had too much of a good time...

Hopefully I can post another great day like this soon, until then I love and miss everyone. I wish you could have been here to experience this with me too!
XOXO,
Vanessa

4 comments:

dl said...

Vanny, the pictures were so beautiful and awesome. We owe it all to God for his creations. I am so glad you are doing things that you had wanted to do. Hope you continue to have more Cali adventures. Love you always,mom

Angela said...

Once again, I am soooo jealous!!! The pictures are beautiful, I have to agree with DL, how blessed to see God's creations in the real.

I know that Diamond Shamrock up the street from my house is one of God's creations, but it just doesn't feel the same as Pebble Beach! haha!

Glad you are having such a great time!
Skang

Unknown said...

I know I'm hormonal, but it makes me cry. I am so happy to see you out there experiencing California and life. I also miss you tons and I'm just a tiny bit jealous. I hope you continue to have awsome moments and continue to make time to have awsome moments wherever you are!

Eliana said...

your sunday funday looked amazing. i so want to move to cali. its so pretty. glad you are doing well. miss you